Total Pageviews

Monday, January 9, 2012

Beer Keg Smoker

I just wanted to brag a little:)

Here's my homemade beer keg smoker. I did a pork shoulder yesterday and it was the BOMB!


It was actually too simple!

One 15.5 gal beer keg
One 2 in pipe (Smoke Stack)
One pipe clamp
One 15 in Cooking grate (Made my own from some scrap grating)
4 Bolts & nuts to hold cooking grate (the grate will rest on them)
1 Smoker "chip" box
one temp gauge

The smoker is heated with my Carolina cooker base. I tried to use a hot plate but the element burned out after about one hour while curing the smoker.

I used a jig saw to cut the barrel... it was quite easy...Just make sure you have a few blades...They will get dull.

I smoked a whole pork shoulder and I was able to hold the heat at 225 by just adjusting the dial on the Carolina cooker.



No comments:

Post a Comment